1. We have gotten all the fescue mowed, raked, baled and put away.
To be honest I really didn't do all that much this year. I raked some and hauled some, but that was it. I love mowing but Caleb didn't share the mower one bit this year he keeps sayin' something about me being pregnant...
Wait I am pregnant....
And here's the belly to prove it....lol
I can still see my feet, but I am sure it won't be long till I will forget what my toes look like.
2. The wheat has been turning fast!!! We have had at least two weeks of 90 degree weather with no rain.
In some fields there is still a little green, but they started cutting this past Friday, but then it rained...
But we really wanted the rain so there were no complaints.
And Actually Caleb said they were gonna get back to it and start cutting again this afternoon, so there will be a lot more wheat pics to come!
3. Like I said I was gone this past week. My sister and I took a spur of the moment trip to Nashville for the CMA Music Festival.
It was HOT, but we still had a blast! We got to hear some great music. My favorite was Brad Paisley and Alabama, as well as Jason Aldean and Zach Brown Band. I wasn't too impressed with Reba, to be honest she was my least favorite.
Stinker also like Jason Aldean and Brad Paisley.
I left last Tuesday morning and got back home Saturday night.
I didn't take all that many pics, cause I really didn't want to lug my big ol' camera around with me. I mean I am already hauling around an extra 10 pounds in this 90+ degree weather and since I don't have a zoom lens for my camera it really wouldn't be worth the hassle.
I did take my little point an shoot, but I am not all that happy with the pics.
4. Before I left I had to get some things done, like Pick and pit all the cherries. There weren't near as many as we had last year, and they were barely worth my time. They were really wormy this year and there was barely enough for one person.
I am planning on canning them like I did last year, but since I didn't have a lot of time I just pitted them and froze them as well as all the juice I got from them. Later this week I'll get them out and can them, but until then they are doing just fine in the freezer.
5. I also had to cook my hubby some meals before I could head out, cause I didn't want him to waste away to nothing while I was gone.
6. Jasper is rotten!!!
End of story.
As I am getting all the last minute things done Tuesday morning I go our side to find Kit and Hank being goof....for once and then I find Jasper looking like this...
Why, you may ask, does Jasper look like this??
He did this to the place where I had some of my plants.
Ya see I go out side to find him trying to get an armadillo back here in this spot. The armadillo had dug a hole that was about 10-12 inches deep.
This is what is left of my citronella plant...
and here are the rest of them...
One was completely destroyed and another one was luck to still be alive.
Needless to say I wasn't a very happy person when I found this.
This would make at least 5 if not 6 armadillos that have lost their life here in the past 2 months.
7. Since I took enough clothes to last a month, I have a lot of unpacking to do as well as laundry.
Well I had better get back to it.
Lots of Love,