Monday, June 13, 2011

A Weeks Worth of Catching Up - A List

I know it's been a while, but I was gone all last week and was crazy busy the entire time I was gone, but there will be more on that later. I thought I would give you a little up-date / catch up on what's been going on around here.


1. We have gotten all the fescue mowed, raked, baled and put away.

To be honest I really didn't do all that much this year. I raked some and hauled some, but that was it.  I love mowing but Caleb didn't share the mower one bit this year he keeps sayin' something about me being pregnant...


Wait I am pregnant....

And here's the belly to prove it....lol

I can still see my feet, but I am sure it won't be long till I will forget what my toes look like.



2. The wheat has been turning fast!!! We have had at least two weeks of 90 degree weather with no rain.



In some fields there is still a little green, but they started cutting this past Friday, but then it rained...

But we really wanted the rain so there were no complaints.

And Actually Caleb said they were gonna get back to it and start cutting again this afternoon, so there will be a lot more wheat pics to come!

3. Like I said I was gone this past week. My sister and I took a spur of the moment trip to Nashville for the CMA Music Festival.



It was HOT, but we still had a blast! We got to hear some great music.  My favorite was Brad Paisley and Alabama, as well as Jason Aldean and Zach Brown Band. I wasn't too impressed with Reba, to be honest she was my least favorite. 

Stinker also like Jason Aldean and Brad Paisley.

I left last Tuesday morning and got back home Saturday night.

I didn't take all that many pics, cause I really didn't want to lug my big ol' camera around with me. I mean I am already hauling around an extra 10 pounds in this 90+ degree weather and since I don't have a zoom lens for my camera it really wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I did take my little point an shoot, but I am not all that happy with the pics.


4. Before I left I had to get some things done, like Pick and pit all the cherries. There weren't near as many as we had last year, and they were barely worth my time.  They were really wormy this year and there was barely enough for one person.

I am planning on canning them like I did last year, but since I didn't have a lot of time I just pitted them and froze them as well as all the juice I got from them. Later this week I'll get them out and can them, but until then they are doing just fine in the freezer.

5. I also had to cook my hubby some meals before I could head out, cause I didn't want him to waste away to nothing while I was gone.


6. Jasper is rotten!!!

End of story.

As I am getting all the last minute things done Tuesday morning I go our side to find Kit and Hank being goof....for once and then I find Jasper looking like this...

Why, you may ask, does Jasper look like this??

Because...


He did this to the place where I had some of my plants.

Ya see I go out side to find him trying to get an armadillo back here in this spot.  The armadillo had dug a hole that was about 10-12 inches deep.


This is what is left of my citronella plant...


and here are the rest of them...

One was completely destroyed and another one was luck to still be alive.

Needless to say I wasn't a very happy person when I found this.

This would make at least 5 if not 6 armadillos that have lost their life here in the past 2 months.

7. Since I took enough clothes to last a month, I have a lot of unpacking to do as well as laundry.

Well I had better get back to it.

Lots of Love,

Janet

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having a fun summer! When we drove through MO, I loved seeing all the hay in the fields. They've had so much more moisture up there, the hay was twice as thick in the fields. LOVE your wheat pics, I can smell it from here....

    Lovin' that baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm jealous you got any cherries. Our cherries were coming on slowly, then sparsely then all the sudden they were no where to be found all in a matter of like 3 days. It was bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to Nashville at awards time. So fun for you and your sister!!! My sister, my mom and Mother-in-law and I are going to Nebraska for a Blake Shelton and Brad Paisley concert on the 24th. We can't wait! I am really loving Jason A too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome time. Nashville is such a cool town, I would love to go to the Music Fest sometime. The pictures of the wheat are great. Such a pretty time of year.

    I was also going to ask if you saw my tutorial today on optimizing your blog for smartphones. Your blog is one I would love to read on the go, but it is really hard to bring up on my phone. I'm hoping lots of people will optimize their blogs since it only takes a couple of steps.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun!
    Love the wheat pics, it's a pretty time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! We've also had a hot and dry Summer! I don't think we've been below 95 degrees in about 3 weeks, and we managed to get the six tenths of an inch of rain last Friday, which was the first rain in about 3 weeks too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower, and I love your blog so far! Up in Alberta, Canada, we have the opposite problem with our crops. Too much moisture! We'd love to share some with you :)

    absolutelyagriculture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete