Sunday, February 9, 2014

She's Here!!!!


She's Here!!!

That's right we had a little girl. On November 22nd we welcomed Iscel (ice-l) LaMay into this world. She was 8 lbs 15 oz and 21 inches long. Compared to Chester she was a light weight (for those who don't know or remember he was a 10 pounder).  And she came way faster than her brother. I was in labor with him for about 18 hours and her only 5. When I got to the hospital they almost sent me home cause I hadn't progressed any...

3 1/2 hours later she was here.

The doctor just barely got there in time. He got there, checked me, and said let's push. It was a lot faster than Chester.



So what's the deal with the name...

I'm sure all of you were asking this.....

Well Iscel was my Grandma's name. Grandma always went by her middle name, Nell, and Iscel was her first name and Caleb and I both really liked the name. (Grandma actually spelled her name Icel, but Caleb liked the way it looked with the "s" in it.

LaMay was the last name of a neighbor we took care of when I was young. She didn't have any kids or grand kids and treated me and my siblings like we were her grand kids.

Like my sister said we don't have to worry about there being another kid with her name. ;)

It's been 2 1/2 months since she was born, so here are a few of the pics from this time...





These were some of her newborn pics. I had more to show you, but I can't get them uploaded onto my ipad right now and we aren't home to use the computer.










Chester loves his little sister and insists on getting his picture taken too!

Other breaking news....


I chopped my hair and I'm donating it to locks of love.....and boy am I glad it's gone.

Hopefully I will get a chance to update you all again soon with what going on.

JP

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Cute, cute, and love the name and how you chose it! I can't believe my Lil guy is already 9 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Iscel & Chester look so much alike. You and Caleb make beautiful babies.

    Love the crown!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful! Congratulations to all of you. My first grandchild, a girl was born in October and we are enjoying her so much. Chester looks like he's going to be a great big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is an absolute doll, and I just love her name! I see so much of big bro in her, and I can't believe what a BIG BOY he is! Man, time flies. You look great, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! Congrats. I love unique names. I'm sure you have your hands full but what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, she is a cutie, love the name too, very unique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. Cute shots.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a beautiful little girl. I do like her name. Very unique and pretty too. You have a beautiful family and Chester looks like a proud big brother! Love you new doo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful! Congratulations to all of you. Chester looks like he's going to be a great big brother.

    ReplyDelete