Since ya'll set through all my cherry canning and hopefully you will set through all the other canning stories that I will post in the future I am doing a canning themed giveaway.• Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving
• Ball Canning Utensil Set
- 1 Jar of Homemade Apple Butter
- 1 Jar Homemade Blackberry Jelly
- 1 Jar Homemade Strawberry Jelly
I was busy making these goodies last week....which this was part of the reason why I wasn't able to post much last week.
Any person who wants to start canning will need this box of goodies!
- A jar funnel which is a must if you are filling jars cause it helps save on messes.
- Jar tongs to help pull hot jars out of a canner as well as moving them around.
- Lid magnet - This little guy is the only reason why I bought this set for myself. It makes pullin' the lids out of the hot water a lot easier.
- Bubble remover - this little guy is used to help get air bubbles out of the bottom parts of the jars. I actually thought that I would never use this guy, but when making some extra thick syrup for my cherries it came in very handy!
Just leave me a comment and and tell me what's your favorite summer time produce?
Whatever fits your fancy.
*You can earn a second entry by blogging about my giveaway and then leaving a second comment with a link to you post.
Entries will close at midnight on Sunday, July 11 and I will announce the winner on Monday morning.
More about what's been going on here on the farm later.