Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Favorite Farmer's Birthday

Today is the Love of my life's birthday, so he is finally as old as I am, thank goodness cause I am tired of hearing how I am this old lady, now he's an old fart too! For his birthday I got him a new pair of extremely awesome mud boots, but I got the wrong style so they are still sitting in the box waiting for the right kind to come in down at the co-op. I also made him his favorite Strawberry Pie, which I am working on getting the post for that up. He has been trying to get sick and unfortunately succeeding at it over the past week, so I also made him a big batch of Homemade Chicken and Noodles. I will have to get a post about that up here one of these days cause it's really easy to make and it's oh soo good.


So in lou of today being my 'Favorite Farmer's Birthday’ I thought I would share some of my most favorite photos from the past year....well actually since July when I got my newest camera.

I know there's a lot I couldn't decide which ones I liked the best, so maybe ya'll can help me decide!

 
Oh how I love this one...he's wearing one of my favorite shirts and it just makes his beautiful blue eyes just pop!

These are just those fun pictures of when we went fishing, and I caught the bigger fish, and when Caleb decided to play in the Church softball game and woke up the next morning feeling every muscle in his body.

I just love his smile isn't it wonderful!! This is what happens to his hair when he rides a 4-wheeler without a hat...haha. Seriously he's got the kind of hair ever girl would die for....how fair is that! Why is good hair wasted on guys?

Oh just look at that handsome, hardworking man! Don't ask me why, but I just love the ways he smells when he's covered in sweat and grease...call me crazy, but it smells great!
 This is the "Seriously Another Photo" picture 

There's that smile again....I love black and white photo's 

 More wonderful smiles. I just can't get enough of them!!

Caleb during one of his favorite times of the year, Corn Harvest, standing next to his favorite new toy. I'm pretty sure he thinks corn harvest should be a national holiday.  

 
I'm pretty sure Caleb would go crazy without his cell phone. He doesn't leave the house without it, me on the other hand, could care less if I have it.
 Wait, what happened here.  This is what happens when you give me these funny faces. They go on my blog for the whole world to see...haha....but these funny faces are one of the things I fell in love with two yeas ago. They make me laugh and boy do I love to laugh!


His glasses make me smile and oh how I love pliers!!
I just love this picture. It was a beautiful fall day; you have my favorite farmer in the field lookin' at the beans, and both of the combines runnin' in the back ground.

Once again I love black and white they give such character to a photo! 

 This just makes me laugh...hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! 
This was one of those beautiful winter days, they were few and far between, when we were out fixin' fence and having a marvelous time doing it.  
Black and white, cows, snow, hay and my love really do pictures get much better than this? 

There are those beautiful blue eyes that I fell in love with and that wonderful smile!

There are those beautiful blue eyes that I fell in love with and that wonderful smile...hahaha!!!

I just love watching him work.... 

 There's that phone again...what would he do without it?!?!?! 
I get this face a lot in my photos. No he's not making a face at the camera, actually he probably doesn't even realize he is making this face, but it's the face you make when you are trying really hard to do something.
There's just something about this one that I just love
This is the "I'm King of the Hay Bale" picture that I just think it great! 

I love everything about this photo!!  
 Once again those wonderful black and white's.

 I don't know what it is about this one but I just love it!  Probably it's the black and white, amazing smile combo!

I love his hands, even though I rarely get to see them since he is always wearing his gloves I just love them!  

 
Look at those rough and tough farm hands being so gentle with this newborn little calf....Oh how I love it!

I just took this Monday evening and I just love it! You've got two of my most favorite things my wonderful husband and a beautiful sunset!

So help me out and tell me what ya think of all my 'birthday boy's' photos!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby! He is very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been browsing your blog a little more...you have great pictures. I am a new follower to your blog. We farm in southwest Iowa and I always like seeing what other young farmers are up to in other areas.

    What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok my favorite is the last one, the one you took Monday night during the sunset.

    And happy birthday to Caleb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Caleb. I love the last picture!!

    Don't know if have been to Carin @ Forever In Blue Jeans, but I think you'd like her blog. http://wyomingbarnetts.blogspot.com/ She takes amazing pictures and she's the one who came up with the idea for the picture challenges I partake in on Thursday's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and a neat way to wish Caleb Happy Birthday. Hope he gets to feeling better. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated Happy Birthday to Caleb! He reminds me of a very famous guy (but I'm not going to say who -- because chances are he's heard it before). He is very photogenic. Anyway, GREAT PHOTOS, Janet!! My favorite is the last one - silhouette and the sunset. Awesome. What a nice b-day tribute for your hubby's special day. -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are too many to choose from! LOL. I'm a picture taker myself, so I can totally appreciate all the great photos you post. I thought I picked my favorite, then I kept scrolling down to others that were great too. I guess the last one, of your 2 favorite things...the hubby and the sunset. Love it!

    ReplyDelete